So there are many of you who loyally watch these shows and, like me, make continual comments to the television whether anyone else is in the room or not. Alternately, there are many of you who do not have the time to keep up with reality TV – there are too many shows, your tivos runneth over, you have kids and can’t remember what it’s like to watch anything beyond Dora the Explorer (you know who you are) – but you also want to be “in the know.” That’s fine. Let me help you understand.

Thursday, June 7, 2012

So You Think You Can Dance

I have watched every episode of So You Think You Can Dance and have loved every season. I am greatly disappointed that Fox has eliminated the results show this year, and I’m not sure how exactly this will affect the pairings and the ability to switch them up. Nigel Lythgoe has hinted at a format where each week's episode ends with the revelation of the bottom three couples based on the votes from the previous week. So, this will happen after all of the dancers have performed the new week's routines, giving the judges an additional routine to take into account when deciding which dancers (of the bottom three couples) to save and which to send home. Interesting.

I have always been a big fan of the group numbers as well (watch my absolute favorite here), so I hope SYTYCD finds a way to work those into the performance episodes. I am, however, greatly looking forward to more rotation amongst the judges. Sorry Adam Shankman....not really....best of luck with Rock of Ages though.

I will start blogging the show when it goes live, and I look forward to seeing what the season has in store. Til then!

No comments:

Post a Comment