So there are many of you who loyally watch these shows and, like me, make continual comments to the television whether anyone else is in the room or not. Alternately, there are many of you who do not have the time to keep up with reality TV – there are too many shows, your tivos runneth over, you have kids and can’t remember what it’s like to watch anything beyond Dora the Explorer (you know who you are) – but you also want to be “in the know.” That’s fine. Let me help you understand.

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

The Voice: Stick A Fork In Me

Ridiculous
So, I had been entirely annoyed by the elimination of Judith Hill and Sarah Simmons a couple of weeks ago.   Bitter even. But I was determined to get over it and I found myself delighted when watching Amber and Sasha as the episodes continued. In my mind Amber was by far the best vocalist left in the competition, and Sasha had grown leaps and bounds in the diva department (in a good way). Tonight, however, I’m furious as both of these talented ladies were eliminated from the competition. I will still blog next week’s finale, but I can honestly say that I don’t really care who wins. My guess is the show will continue to pimp Michelle, give her some great song choices next week, ample room to squat and yell, and the closing spot…with more mention of our Oklahoma boys being from Oklahoma…and the continual revelation that Danielle is in high school but sings like she isn’t in high school…mostly because her songs are primarily from a time before she was born. Oh well. At least Cher is performing during the finale. The woman is a goddess and will probably outlive most of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment