So there are many of you who loyally watch these shows and, like me, make continual comments to the television whether anyone else is in the room or not. Alternately, there are many of you who do not have the time to keep up with reality TV – there are too many shows, your tivos runneth over, you have kids and can’t remember what it’s like to watch anything beyond Dora the Explorer (you know who you are) – but you also want to be “in the know.” That’s fine. Let me help you understand.

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

American Idol 2014

As we prepare for the American Idol finalists to take the stage this week, I've been thinking about the season so far and the changes that have been made. I can't possibly fully express how happy I am with the 2014 judges. I guess I had figured there was nowhere to go but up after Nicki Minaj, but the Harry, Keith, JLo trio has been a pleasant surprise regardless. Their chemistry is fantastic and they have actually been giving critiques. Harry in particular is much harder on the contestants than I thought he would be, but I imagine someone has to play the Simon role (albeit without the awesome accent), or at least the Randy role (but with complete sentences). As it stands now I do not have any one person that I'm rooting for in the competition. I can say though that for the first time in a long time I'm genuinely excited for what the rest of the season has in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment