So there are many of you who loyally watch these shows and, like me, make continual comments to the television whether anyone else is in the room or not. Alternately, there are many of you who do not have the time to keep up with reality TV – there are too many shows, your tivos runneth over, you have kids and can’t remember what it’s like to watch anything beyond Dora the Explorer (you know who you are) – but you also want to be “in the know.” That’s fine. Let me help you understand.

Friday, March 21, 2014

American Idol Elimination: Made A Wrong Turn Once Or Twice

Welcome to another American Idol results show where we will see the Top 10 become the Top 9 after singing Top 10 songs. Per the norm, you can pretty much fast forward for 90% of the hour and still feel satisfied, so here are the highlights:
 
So...I really want to say "Let's talk about JLo's performance for a second," but really...I'm not sure how to comment. I'm not even going to address my thoughts on the song's title "I Luh Ya PaPi." I don't know if I should mention the possibility of lip syncing or not. So what I'll do instead is focus on the intro....where Allison Iraheta, Pia Toscano, and Jessica Sanchez joined her, were singing live, and sounded amazing. Their appearance totally made my night. I've especially missed Allison - her version of "Give In To Me" plays on my iPod pretty frequently.
 
Results! Malaya, Dexter, and Jessica took the stage first and Dexter made his way to the stools of doom while Malaya and Jessica breathed a sigh of relief. Caleb and Alex were sent to safety next, with Majesty finding herself again in the bottom 3. Finally, C.J. (WHAT?) Sam and Jena secured their spots in the Top 9, sending MK to a familiar seat next to Majesty and Dexter. When Ryan revealed the final results....Majesty was safe and it came down to MK and Dexter. Tonight, MK had the lowest number of votes and you can be sure the judges were not using their save.
 
I can't say I'm too broken up over this elimination. I think everyone has been pulling for MK but it was also time for MK to head home. Here's hoping she gets her confidence up before the tour. If there's a chance at a singing career ahead of her, it will be blown to bits if she's a mess on stage this summer. That aside, I do wish her the best - MK truly has talent but seems to get in her own way.
 
Next week the remaining contenders perform again as we march toward the finale. Will C.J. get his pitch on track? Can Dexter bounce back from his trip to the bottom 3? Is Majesty next on the chopping block because of her double appearance on the stools of doom? We'll find out during the next performance episode. Til then!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment