So there are many of you who loyally watch these shows and, like me, make continual comments to the television whether anyone else is in the room or not. Alternately, there are many of you who do not have the time to keep up with reality TV – there are too many shows, your tivos runneth over, you have kids and can’t remember what it’s like to watch anything beyond Dora the Explorer (you know who you are) – but you also want to be “in the know.” That’s fine. Let me help you understand.

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

The Voice Top 8 Eliminations: Sometimes It Hurts Instead

Well thank goodness for Hulu. I was running late and my Tivo inexplicably cut the show off after 8 minutes (maybe my Tivo just knew how I would feel about the results) so I caught the last 20 minutes of the episode and Hulu provided me the rest. Regardless, I'm not happy with the way things went down tonight...

Results! Matt was the first person sent to safety and Damien joined him after some commercial breaks. Carson announced Taylor's name next and my jaw hit the floor. We're eliminating 3 people tonight and he's in the top half? Craig was the last contestant to sail through to the semi-finals, leaving Chris, Ryan, Luke, and DaNica in the bottom 4. Really? DaNica had one of the best performances last night and has been incredibly consistent. She also has the coolest name...aside from Pharrell anyway. 

DaNica performed for the Stupid Twitter Save first, choosing Etta James' "I'd Rather Go Blind" and she was freaking amazing. Luke went with "Stand By Me" because he's still trying to take songs that old people love and make them "Luke Wade songs." He seemed to forget the words as well. Next. Constant Stupid Twitter Save recipient, Ryan, put on that puppy dog face for "Heavan" by Bryan Adams. He's adorable...but it was probably time for him to pass over the Twitter title. Chris rounded out the performances with "Georgia On My Mind" and ultimately won the Stupid Twitter Save. Damn it.  

Somehow I knew Chris would make it through based on the sex appeal and Adam's increasingly annoying confidence. His performance was great tonight, but I feel that DaNica deserved the semi-finals spot more. I would also trade Taylor for DaNica in a heartbeat (and still wear a Team Gwen t-shirt). 

So, we have the semi-finalists...Team Adam remains completely untouched, Team Pharrell is gone, and Blake and Gwen each have one contestant left. We also have an all male performance show next week which bums me out a bit. Will Team Adam make it to the finals unscathed? Can Craig jump ahead of these guys and become a true front runner? And, well, Taylor is Taylor. We'll see how these gents do when they compete again on Monday. Til then!

No comments:

Post a Comment