So there are many of you who loyally watch these shows and, like me, make continual comments to the television whether anyone else is in the room or not. Alternately, there are many of you who do not have the time to keep up with reality TV – there are too many shows, your tivos runneth over, you have kids and can’t remember what it’s like to watch anything beyond Dora the Explorer (you know who you are) – but you also want to be “in the know.” That’s fine. Let me help you understand.

Thursday, March 12, 2015

American Idol 2015

Welcome back Idol fans! It's a new year and a new season for The House That Kelly Clarkson Built. All 3 of our judges have returned and they still carry the great chemistry and semi-balance that they had last season. But what's different about American Idol this year? Well, FOX has done away with the results show, so performances will happen on the same night as eliminations. Several other reality TV shows have implemented this schedule as well and while it's a bit confusing at first, it seems to work okay in the long run. I also appreciate the time I'll get back from not watching the 56 minutes of filler and commercials and 4 minutes of results that I was used to on Thursday nights. Not like those other shows that not only take up several hours of my week, they also do multiple seasons a year - I'm looking at you, The Voice. But I digress. We are on the cusp of the big Top 12 reveal and I'm looking forward to seeing what talent surprises us this year. Let the recaps begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment