So there are many of you who loyally watch these shows and, like me, make continual comments to the television whether anyone else is in the room or not. Alternately, there are many of you who do not have the time to keep up with reality TV – there are too many shows, your tivos runneth over, you have kids and can’t remember what it’s like to watch anything beyond Dora the Explorer (you know who you are) – but you also want to be “in the know.” That’s fine. Let me help you understand.

Thursday, April 26, 2018

The Voice Top 12 Eliminations: I Will Go Down With This Ship

Tonight on The Voice the Top 11 were revealed and one contestant was sent packing. While I am a little bummed with the results, and incredibly bummed that the Stupid Twitter Save is still a thing, I can't say I was super surprised with how everything played out. Here are the highlights from the hour: 

Birthday girl Kelly Clarkson took the stage with her team to perform "Don't Take the Money" and though maybe Kaleb, Brynn, and D.R. might not all sound like perfection together, any time KC is on stage is a good time for me. Maroon 5 performed as well, treating us to their new single "Wait." The cast of Rise also joined us tonight with their version of "Scars To Your Beautiful" and this is actually the first I've heard of Rise. Maybe I've been missing out? Fast forwarding through too many commercials? Blake rounded out the performances with his team and a very rousing rendition of "I Thank You," which definitely had me dancing in my living room. 

Results! Britton was sent to safety first and he was followed by Brynn and Sharane. Pryor's name was announced next, and Christiana and Spensha joined him in the Top 11 soon after. We endured some commercials and filler before Kaleb was able to breathe a sigh of relief, and Jackie V and Kyla heard their names called as we got down to the wire. Jackie F was the final person to make it through, leaving D.R. and Rayshun to sing for the Stupid Twitter Save. 

D.R. was up first and he chose "Papa Was a Rolling Stone" as his "save me" song. Unfortunately this performance reminded me of last nights...starting out strong but then kind of going all over the place. Rayshun, on the other hand, slayed his performance of "I Can't Stand the Rain" and ultimately won the Stupid Twitter Save. Not a great birthday for KC, but as long as Brynn keeps doing what she's doing, Team Kelly will be just fine. 

Next week the Top 11 will duke it out again and we'll see which team takes a hit (or perhaps another hit) as the Top 10 are revealed. Will Rayshun keep himself out of the bottom 2? Will the two Jackies bounce back from their...not best performances? And finally, can young Claire Crosby (who did some stellar interviews tonight) take over hosting duties from Carson? Maybe part time? Wishful thinking? We'll see if any of these things are possible next week. Til then!


No comments:

Post a Comment