So there are many of you who loyally watch these shows and, like me, make continual comments to the television whether anyone else is in the room or not. Alternately, there are many of you who do not have the time to keep up with reality TV – there are too many shows, your tivos runneth over, you have kids and can’t remember what it’s like to watch anything beyond Dora the Explorer (you know who you are) – but you also want to be “in the know.” That’s fine. Let me help you understand.

Monday, April 20, 2015

The Voice 2015: Part 1

So, I'm playing catch up on The Voice at the moment and am obviously behind on my posts for season God knows what. However, I've really enjoyed the season so far, and I'm very excited to welcome back Xtina because I always miss her during her off seasons. Don't get me wrong - I loved having Shakira and Gwen around. They were perfect female coach fill ins. There's just something so sassy about Xtina and it takes attention away from the Adam/Blake bromance I've grown so tired of. I'm also "happy" (sorry, had to) to see Pharrell and his wardrobe return. He was a pleasant surprise last season and I think the show is stronger with him as a coach. I do have to wonder what kind of paycheck he demands though and whether his hats receive their own separate stipend. If they do...Xtina's bustiers should go on strike. 

Regardless, these four coaches have been providing some serious entertainment this season and they've built very talented teams with some really unique individuals. It's been interesting to see it all come together. We are well into the live shows now and I will be posting recaps starting with the Top 12 performance show shortly. Looking forward to an exciting rest of the season! 

No comments:

Post a Comment