So there are many of you who loyally watch these shows and, like me, make continual comments to the television whether anyone else is in the room or not. Alternately, there are many of you who do not have the time to keep up with reality TV – there are too many shows, your tivos runneth over, you have kids and can’t remember what it’s like to watch anything beyond Dora the Explorer (you know who you are) – but you also want to be “in the know.” That’s fine. Let me help you understand.

Friday, April 26, 2013

American Idol: Not So Shocking, Ryan.

Welcome to the Top 4 results show, dahlings. Tonight we will find out who (if anyone) will be heading home and we’ll also see if America’s votes align with the judges’ blatant favoritism. Ryan teases “shocking news” which to me translates to “no elimination,” but let's find out, shall we?

Remember me?
Stefano returns to the American Idol stage this evening to perform his new single “Yes To Love,” which I’ve actually been hearing on the radio quite a bit. Also taking the stage is Lee DeWyze who I seriously have heard nothing about since he won the show. Poor guy. He apparently has a new album coming out (I honestly didn't realize he still had a recording contract)….and he seems to be going for a sound very, very similar to Mumford & Sons and ridiculously close to Philip Philips’ “Home.” The final special guest of the evening is Drake, who shows up during some filler nonsense to give Candice a heart attack.  He apparently loved her rendition of "Find Your Love." So did we, Drake. So did we.

Results! After several more commercials and a whole lot more time-wasting, the woman are split up into two groups of two. Amber and Candice stand on one side of the stage and Kree and Angie on the other. All four women wait nervously as clearly one of the "constant standing ovation" finalists might be in danger. The Bottom 2 tonight are Candice and Amber.  I’m not freaking out though, because again, I don’t think anyone is leaving….and I’m right. Ryan reveals that all four ladies will perform again next week and the votes from this week will be combined with next week’s votes.


I will say that I'm relieved that America's votes did not put both Kree and Candice in the Bottom 2 this week, which is clearly what the judges were going for. We'll see if these ladies fare any better during week two of the Final Four. I will be traveling next week but will post a recap as soon as I can. Til then!

No comments:

Post a Comment