So there are many of you who loyally watch these shows and, like me, make continual comments to the television whether anyone else is in the room or not. Alternately, there are many of you who do not have the time to keep up with reality TV – there are too many shows, your tivos runneth over, you have kids and can’t remember what it’s like to watch anything beyond Dora the Explorer (you know who you are) – but you also want to be “in the know.” That’s fine. Let me help you understand.

Friday, May 10, 2013

American Idol: Here Comes Goodbye

We’re almost there, kids. Tonight the Final 2 contestants for the American Idol 2013 season will be revealed. This will happen, of course, after 58 minutes of filler…but at least the Top 3 are all pretty great and group numbers are welcome at this point. As the judges take their seats Nicki does a sassy walk instead of taking Keith’s hand, and I wonder for a second if she’s pissed at Keith. Then I realize Mariah is premiering the video for her new song “Beautiful” tonight and Nicki is only able to premiere the outfit she’s wearing. I will not miss the rivalry between these two at all.
Something I always look forward to though is seeing Lauren Alaina. She’s just so darn cute and I want her and Janelle to be BFFs. Immediately. Lauren Alaina’s new single is called “Barefoot and Buckwild,” and though she performs it in shoes, I love it. It Seems we’ve run out of formal Idol contestants again though because the other performance comes from Alicia Keys. I love her at the piano...I wonder if that's Angie's piano? Gasp! I wonder if Angie and Alicia Keys could play the piano together?!?! Angie is just so great on the piano...
Results! All three girls stand nervously in the center of the stage, and Candice is revealed as the first half of our Final 2. She is overwhelmed and gets a standing ovation. After another commercial break (how many sponsors do these guys have?) the person competing against Candice is Kree. This means Angie is eliminated tonight, which is ultimately what I wanted…but it still makes me sad. She has come SUCH a long way in such a short time. Here’s hoping Colton Dixon takes her on tour with him…maybe they can also get married and have musical children. Regardless, we’ll be hearing her name again and I wish her the best. I do, however, also wish Ryan hadn’t talked so damn long because Angie’s incredibly emotional goodbye song is cut off by my TiVo.

Next week is finale week, and if you haven't already heard...it will be the last week we have to listen to The Dawg say "yo" three times per critique and "in it to win it" every time there is a marginally good performance. Yes, Randy is leaving the show. Here's hoping he takes Nicki with him. If he does, kudos to him.
At this point, does Kree have a shot at beating Candice? Is it an honor just to be nominated? We'll find out next week. Til then!

No comments:

Post a Comment