So there are many of you who loyally watch these shows and, like me, make continual comments to the television whether anyone else is in the room or not. Alternately, there are many of you who do not have the time to keep up with reality TV – there are too many shows, your tivos runneth over, you have kids and can’t remember what it’s like to watch anything beyond Dora the Explorer (you know who you are) – but you also want to be “in the know.” That’s fine. Let me help you understand.

Monday, May 13, 2013

The Voice: 2013

So, I have been a bit behind on this season of The Voice. My apologies.  I will say though after catching up on all of the episodes, that I am pleasantly surprised by how entertaining and effective our two new coaches are. I had been rather hesitant about Usher from the get go, but he's actually been pretty great. Additionally, Shakira might actually be maybe favorite coach to date. As for the contestants, I’ve had a soft spot for Judith Hill ever since she performed a very touching tribute at Michael Jackson’s memorial service. Watching her sing with him during the This Is It movie was at times both uplifting and depressing as it would have been one hell of a concert series if it had come to fruition. She’s my pick to win right now, but there are several contenders on this show that may surprise me. We’ll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment