So there are many of you who loyally watch these shows and, like me, make continual comments to the television whether anyone else is in the room or not. Alternately, there are many of you who do not have the time to keep up with reality TV – there are too many shows, your tivos runneth over, you have kids and can’t remember what it’s like to watch anything beyond Dora the Explorer (you know who you are) – but you also want to be “in the know.” That’s fine. Let me help you understand.

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

The Voice Semi-Finals Elimination: Til The Love Runs Out

Welp, two out of four ain't bad I guess. Tonight the final four were revealed during the semi-finals slaughter and four contestants were sent packing just shy of making the finale. I can't say I'm happy with how everything went down but here's what happened... 

Results! Carson announced the Top 3 and Chris, Lauren and...Aliyah (?) made their way to safety. The bottom 2 were then cut with no chance at that Damn Stupid Twitter Save and Vanessa and TSoul (!) were sent packing. This left me grumbling and Brennley, Hunter, and Jesse at the mercy of social media. 

Brennley sang for a spot in the finale first, choosing "Warrior" as her "save me" song. She had a bit of a rough start but bounced back quickly and really finished strong. Love her. Hunter was up next, singing "Love Runs Out," and though he enunciated only 70% of the time, in my mind his performance had still edged out Brennley's. Jesse rounded out the Damn Stupid Twitter Save performances with "Tennessee Whiskey" and it was just okay for me. He enunciated even less then Hunter and his performance last night was stronger. I sat and waited for Hunter to stroll to safety and my adorable little Brennley to go home...but to my unbelievable surprise....Jesse was the one to make it to the final four and I threw my hands in the air and turned off the TV. 

Sigh. Next week is the two part season finale, and Chris, Lauren, Aliyah and Jesse will fight for the title and the opportunity to maybe have a kinda sorta career in the music industry. Blake heads into the finale with two artists, Alicia and Adam with one each, and poor Gwen saw her team completely eliminated tonight. I mean really!?!? No Hunter OR Brennley? Meh. We'll see what happens next week when these four take the stage again....and when I'll be rooting for Chris, keeping my hopes up for Lauren, and losing my mind if either of the other two win. Til then! 

No comments:

Post a Comment