So there are many of you who loyally watch these shows and, like me, make continual comments to the television whether anyone else is in the room or not. Alternately, there are many of you who do not have the time to keep up with reality TV – there are too many shows, your tivos runneth over, you have kids and can’t remember what it’s like to watch anything beyond Dora the Explorer (you know who you are) – but you also want to be “in the know.” That’s fine. Let me help you understand.

Monday, May 15, 2017

The Voice Top 10 Eliminations: One More Shot At Second Chances

The semi-finalists have been revealed! On tonight's episode of The Voice we said goodbye to two artists and one coach was left very, very unhappy. There were a lot of good performances last night so the really I think this could have gone a few different ways, but here are the highlights. 

Maren Morris kicked off the show with "I Could Use a Love Song" and I'm a big Maren Morris fan. "My Church" makes frequent appearances on my iPod. Charlie Puth also took the stage to sing his new song "Attention" and it was refreshing to hear something a uptempo from him. 

Results! The first person to make it to the semi-finals was Aliyah and Chris was soon to follow her. Lauren and Hunter were sent to safety next, and Jesse and Brennley joined them later on in the show. The last person to breathe that sigh of relief was TSoul, leaving Vanessa, Lilli and Marky Mark in the bottom 3.  

Lilli performed her "save me" song first and she chose "Stormy Weather." If she had been this on point with "Unforgettable" she may have avoided her status tonight. There were just a couple of pitch issues but they were nothing compared to.... 

Marky Mark was up next and he went with Justin Bieber's "Sorry" which seemed appropriate. Yes buddy, it's way too late to say sorry and that performance was painful. Vanessa rounded out the performances for the Stupid Twitter Save and I think her version of "For Once In My Life" was the best of the three, just edging out Lilli by thismuch. In the end, Vanessa did win the Stupid Twitter Save and Adam said goodbye to two artists. Considering he used the word "unfair" a couple of times in his final words to his contestants, my guess is he was probably pretty pissed off when the results were read. I'm sure Alicia's very animated celebrating didn't help, but I love her so I don't care. 

Next week is the semi-finals slaughter and we go into those episodes with quite a competition on our hands. For the most part I look forward to seeing each of the remaining contestants every week so it will be exciting and potentially infuriating to find out who the finalists will be. Can Vanessa bounce back from her stint in the bottom 3? Will Adam's lone contestant be able to represent him in the finale? Will this be the season Alicia or Gwen take home the title? All will be revealed in the next couple of weeks. Til then! 


No comments:

Post a Comment