So there are many of you who loyally watch these shows and, like me, make continual comments to the television whether anyone else is in the room or not. Alternately, there are many of you who do not have the time to keep up with reality TV – there are too many shows, your tivos runneth over, you have kids and can’t remember what it’s like to watch anything beyond Dora the Explorer (you know who you are) – but you also want to be “in the know.” That’s fine. Let me help you understand.

Saturday, December 2, 2017

The Voice Top 11 Eliminations: Go Your Own Way

Again I sit here amazed...  After the Top 11 elimination was announced on The Voice this evening, I almost threw shoes for very different reasons. Let's just get to it, shall we? 

The coaches were the guest performers tonight as Blake and Jennifer teamed up for his song "I'll name the dogs, which was definitely an interesting pairing for that tune. Additionally, Miley and her team did a sassy and wonderful rendition of "Man! I Feel Like a Woman," and Team Adam rocked out to "Go Your Own Way." This was pretty good to, but Team Miley's outfits were the best thing that happened tonight. 

Results! The first person sent to safety was Chloe, and she was quickly(ish) followed by Addison, Brooke, Davon. Red (!) and Noah were the next names announced, and joining them in the Top 10 were Ashland, Keisha and Shi'Ann (!)...leaving Adam and JANICE in the bottom 2. No problem. I figured Adam was toast. I almost didn't even pay attention to the "save me" songs. 

Adam was up first with "Amazed" and he stayed true to the original. He sounded great and that last chorus was very strong, but still I figured he was toast. Next up was Janice and she went with "Chandelier," which was gutsy...and there were some questionable notes...but there were far more soaring moments. Personally, I thought she gave it everything she had in order to stay. I think J-Hud agreed by the way she stood and riased her hand to the sky. Janice is just unique and I love her. Adam is a cool dude and all, but I don't see him as much different that many, many contestants we've had on this show over the years. In the end? Adam won the freaking, ridiculous, inexcusable Stupid Twitter Save and I'm done for the night. We'll see if we can get it right next week when the Top 10 take the stage again. Til then!  

No comments:

Post a Comment