So there are many of you who loyally watch these shows and, like me, make continual comments to the television whether anyone else is in the room or not. Alternately, there are many of you who do not have the time to keep up with reality TV – there are too many shows, your tivos runneth over, you have kids and can’t remember what it’s like to watch anything beyond Dora the Explorer (you know who you are) – but you also want to be “in the know.” That’s fine. Let me help you understand.

Thursday, May 17, 2018

The Voice Semi-Finals Elimination: Can I Get A Hallelujah?

Tonight as I prepared for the inexplicable way we determine the Final Four on The Voice, I re-watched the performances from the semi-finals one more time (okay, well, the performances I liked one more time) and wished these artists had a another chance to face off again before half of them go home. Alas, this evening's elimination episode saw 4 contestants leave the competition and the Final Four were finally revealed after an hour of long pauses with more long pauses. Was any one team destroyed in this slaughter? Here are the highlights from the semi-finals elimination...

Kane Brown took the stage tonight to perform "Heaven," and I can't say that I enjoyed the song or performance outside of the choruses. Panic! at the Disco (I love that name so much) also showed up and they treated us to their catchy single "Say Amen (Saturday Night)." Blake rounded out the non-Stupid Twitter Save performances with "I Lived It" and I'm always a big fan of the cowboy's personality on stage. With all of the anxiety people must be feeling tonight about the eliminations, dude was cool as a cucumber.

Results! The first person to make it into next week's finale was Spensha. Yes. Spensha. The first person to make it through. To the finale. Was Spensha. Now I can't really say that I'm angry - after all, this young lady had a hell of a night last night. She just wasn't one of my Final Four picks. The next name announced was Brynn (yay!), and she was eventually followed by Kyla (double yay!). We then got to that awkward part of the show where the 2 people with the lowest number of votes don't get to sing for the Stupid Twitter Save at all and the not quite bottom 3 do sing for the Stupid Twitter Save. Rayshun and Jackie  (nooooo) were eliminated immediately and Pryor, Kaleb, and Britton appealed to social media for a spot in The Voice finale...which still just blows my mind. 

Pryor was up first with "Soulshine" and it was a screamfest. Kaleb took the stage next with "Simple Man," and while I really like the guy...and really love Team Kelly, I had to root for Britton at that point. Kaleb gave us a pretty solid rendition of "Simple Man" but Britton slayyyyed "Dancing On My Own." He did one of those for real "make it your own" things with this song,  his vocals were awesome, and he deserved that last spot in the Final Four. In the end, Britton did win the Stupid Twitter Save and our Season 14 finale match-up was set. 

Next week Britton, Brynn, Spensha and Kyla will give it one last go for the title, confetti, strange trophy, and shot at stardom that may hopefully last beyond the Season 15 finale. Seriously - Chloe Kohanski gave us an update on her life tonight and I had forgotten all about her. Team Adam has been completely eliminated now and Kelly and Alicia both have one representative left in the competition. Blake goes into the finale 2 strong and he is at this point in time the coach with the most number of wins on the show. Does Kyla have it in the bag? Will the youngsters of the voting world cancel out Brynn and Britton? Does Spensha have a shot at winning this thing next week? And if she does, can she borrow Jackie's fog machine? I'd be so bummed not to see it featured in the finale. We'll find out who emerges victorious after the two part extravaganza starting next Monday. Til then!  

No comments:

Post a Comment