So there are many of you who loyally watch these shows and, like me, make continual comments to the television whether anyone else is in the room or not. Alternately, there are many of you who do not have the time to keep up with reality TV – there are too many shows, your tivos runneth over, you have kids and can’t remember what it’s like to watch anything beyond Dora the Explorer (you know who you are) – but you also want to be “in the know.” That’s fine. Let me help you understand.

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

The Voice Elimination: The Broken Ones

Spoiler alert. The show-runners of The Voice felt the need to employ the Beyond Stupid Twitter Save to help choose next week's Final 3. Now that I've gotten out of the way...and picked my forehead up off of my coffee table, here are the highlights from the episode.

Former contestants Jacquie Lee and Will Champlin returned tonight to debut their new singles, and the current champion, Tessanne Chin totally brought the house down with her song "Everything Reminds Me of You." I say "current" because it seems like these people only hold the title for two weeks until the next season starts. Regardless, I heart her and I've missed her. 

Results! The first person to make it through to the finale was Jake! Wow. Way to make everybody else sweat for the next 30 minutes. After some performances, Jake was joined by Josh, leaving Christina, Kristen, and Kat vying for the Beyond Stupid Twitter Save. Kristen delivered a solid rendition of "Blown Away" and Kat goes the Carrie Underwood route as well, choosing "Good Girl." Christina went with "Apologize" by OneRepublic and I definitely appreciated her more without the backup singers/dancers/props, etc. She slayed it. 

In the end...Christina won the save, which I can't argue with. I wish Kristen the best, and I have a great amount of satisfaction knowing that Kat can't use that save to get her through a THIRD time. However, now Shakira moves into the finale with no contestants and that bums me out. She also probably shouldn't wear that tiara next week...

The next time we see these contestants will be in the finale and Jake has his work cut out for him going up against Christina and Josh. Can he pull off an upset? Does Team Adam have it in the bag? Can Usher and Josh claim the win this season? I hope so, but we'll have to see how it plays out next week. Til then!

No comments:

Post a Comment