So there are many of you who loyally watch these shows and, like me, make continual comments to the television whether anyone else is in the room or not. Alternately, there are many of you who do not have the time to keep up with reality TV – there are too many shows, your tivos runneth over, you have kids and can’t remember what it’s like to watch anything beyond Dora the Explorer (you know who you are) – but you also want to be “in the know.” That’s fine. Let me help you understand.

Sunday, December 1, 2013

The X Factor: Lady Sings The Blues

During tonight's elimination hour on The X Factor we wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving and then shatter the hopes and dreams for two more acts. Pretty sure that's the opposite of what the Pilgrims had in mind, but I imagine they also would have been startled by the Macy's parade as well. With an hour to kill, and knowing there's football on and leftovers to be had, I'm eager to know the results. Here are the highlights:
 
Now that we are getting down to the wire the eliminations are starting to get more difficult to swallow. The first person who is shown the door tonight is Lillie, as she had the overall fewest number of votes. Damn it. I can't begin to tell you how disappointed I am that her journey stops here. She handles it well, and I do hope I hear her on my radio someday...but since I barely hear the winners of this show on my radio, I'm guessing this is pretty much it for Lillie. Sad face.
 
Now that Lillie is gone, I'm nervous to find out who the remaining bottom 2 are. Mario announces that Carlito is safe first and I assume my remaining favorites are done for. Ellona is safe as well (phew!) as are Alex & Sierra (double phew!). Restless Road joins the Top 6 as well and Jeff Gutt advances next. This leaves Rion and Josh....and I fear my little Rion is a goner.
 
Rion performs first, taking on Pink's "Perfect." At first think she's going to give a sad, somber delivery of this song, but instead she's sassy and determined. Josh is up next, though Paulina introduces Carlito by mistake. It's okay Paulina...I assumed he'd have to sing for the save too. Josh chooses to perform "When I Was Your Man" by Bruno Mars and does a fantastic job. I realize that he's more marketable as an artist but I still hold out hope that Rion advances anyway.
 
When it comes time to vote Demi chooses to send Josh home with Paulina and Kelly voting to send home Rion. It's down to Simon to put the votes to a tie or end Rion's journey and he chooses to send home Josh...which puts the decision solely in America's hands. The person with the lowest number of votes is Josh (wow!) and we say goodbye to him tonight.
 
So Rion advances to the Top 6 and has some work ahead of her next week. Paulina and Kelly have some bouncing back to do as well since they are both down to one act each. Demi and Simon each retained their two acts and next week's show should be exciting. I said should be...I can't make any guarantees. Has Carlito finally landed a fan base? Is Jeff Gutt a dark horse in this competition? With Lillie and Josh gone, are we facing an Ellona vs. Alex & Sierra finale? We'll find out when the remaining acts take the stage again next week. Til then!
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment