So there are many of you who loyally watch these shows and, like me, make continual comments to the television whether anyone else is in the room or not. Alternately, there are many of you who do not have the time to keep up with reality TV – there are too many shows, your tivos runneth over, you have kids and can’t remember what it’s like to watch anything beyond Dora the Explorer (you know who you are) – but you also want to be “in the know.” That’s fine. Let me help you understand.

Monday, April 21, 2014

The Voice 2014

It seems like only a few months ago that we saw Tessanne take home The Voice's title during a pretty fantastic finale. Oh...that's because it really was recently, wasn't it? I have to say that I am growing weary of the back to back seasons of The Voice. It's still my current favorite of the reality TV singing shows, but I do think they should be careful not to overdo it. With CeeLo and Xtina on hiatus this season (and next season apparently), Usher and Shakira join us again in 2014 to take some attention away from the Adam and Blake bromance, which is just fine. I really do love Shakira as a coach. She embraces the competitive spirit of the show, but she also seems to love every minute of her work as well. She gives me a smile each episode. The live shows begin this week as each team is down to three finalists. After watching all of the preliminary rounds, I'm not sure that any team has an advantage at this point, but it will be interesting to see if either of our two rotating coaches can walk away with the title this year. I'm excited to see how everything plays out, and I will begin posting recaps when the Top 12 take the stage. Til then!

No comments:

Post a Comment