So there are many of you who loyally watch these shows and, like me, make continual comments to the television whether anyone else is in the room or not. Alternately, there are many of you who do not have the time to keep up with reality TV – there are too many shows, your tivos runneth over, you have kids and can’t remember what it’s like to watch anything beyond Dora the Explorer (you know who you are) – but you also want to be “in the know.” That’s fine. Let me help you understand.

Thursday, November 21, 2013

The Voice: Oh My Bags Are Packed...

During this week's elimination episode of The Voice two more hopefuls will be shown the door. Each team had at least one strong performance last night, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that all four coaches are represented for one more week at least.
 
Can we talk for just a second for Team Xtina's performance? I say "Team Xtina" but I really just mean Xtina. She's so fantastic when she struts out with the opening lines of "Black Cat" that I completely forget that her two contestants even exist. Matthew and Jacquie have a long road ahead of them to command a stage like their coach.
 
Adam is the Sexiest Man Alive. No further explanation needed.
 
Results! James is the first person announced safe and he is quickly followed by Matthew. After some commercial breaks and performances, Ray is safe. Whoa! That's still a surprise for me....not shocking though is Will is also announced safe. Tessanne sails through to next week as well, and she is joined by Jacquie.
 
Only 4 contestants remain on stage as Cole, Austin, Caroline and Kat await the news. Cole is safe, leaving the others to the Twitter save which, by the way, is ridiculous. After those 5 minutes are up....America saves....Caroline. What?!? Really!?!? I would have thought Austin and Kat would have gotten the save over her, but we lose both of them tonight.
 
I'm bummed about Kat. She was a total rock star during her group performance with James and Will tonight. I wish she'd had another chance....and I'm very displeased with Twitter this evening. Who's idea was this?
 
So as it stands now, Team Adam retained all 3 members again, Team Xtina still has her 2, Team Blake is now down to 2 and Team CeeLo has 1 lone contestant left. Will Caroline be able to carry Team CeeLo through again? Will Adam's contestants dominate for the rest of the season?  Are Blake's hopes of continuing his winning streak completely far fetched at this point? We'll see what happens when the Top 8 perform next week. Til then!

No comments:

Post a Comment