So there are many of you who loyally watch these shows and, like me, make continual comments to the television whether anyone else is in the room or not. Alternately, there are many of you who do not have the time to keep up with reality TV – there are too many shows, your tivos runneth over, you have kids and can’t remember what it’s like to watch anything beyond Dora the Explorer (you know who you are) – but you also want to be “in the know.” That’s fine. Let me help you understand.

Friday, May 25, 2012

ABC Duets

I do not have much to say in the intro to Duets because the show is in its first season, and I honestly have no idea how the show will be set up other than the duet performances. This is mainly meant as a disclaimer because there will be serious favoritism in my posts about Duets. See, everything Kelly Clarkson does is awesome. I’m never going to believe differently. While I really enjoy the other coaches/judges/mentors for this show, I will be rooting for Team Kelly regardless. The reason I watch these music competition shows, and the reason I’ve been desperately wanting to write about them comes from watching Kelly’s journey on Season 1 of American Idol. Snicker if you like, but it was life-changing. She is so incredibly grounded, and her music has lightened some of the darkest situations I’ve encountered. I hope Duets is a hit for ABC, because it’s been a decade since I’ve been able to watch Kelly perform on a weekly TV show, and it would be tragic for ABC to giveth and then taketh away after one season.

No comments:

Post a Comment