So there are many of you who loyally watch these shows and, like me, make continual comments to the television whether anyone else is in the room or not. Alternately, there are many of you who do not have the time to keep up with reality TV – there are too many shows, your tivos runneth over, you have kids and can’t remember what it’s like to watch anything beyond Dora the Explorer (you know who you are) – but you also want to be “in the know.” That’s fine. Let me help you understand.

Friday, May 4, 2012

Idol: We've Reached The Final Four

Ryan reminds us once again what show we are watching and welcomes us to elimination night. Tonight we say goodbye to another contestant, and as we get closer to the finals, I get more antsy about who the final 2 will be. Tonight, however, we only worry about the bottom 2....which leads me to believe Elise took her bottom 3 stool with her last week.

The Top 5 take a seat on the couches, and we get right to the results. Joshua takes center stage first all by his lonesome (foreshadowing for the finale?). Don't waste your time, Ryan. No one believes for a second this guy is going home. In a completely unshocking moment of truth, Joshua is safe. I guess I'm glad we got that out of the way?

Coldyplay performs "Paradise" now, and I am always pretty mesmerized by Chris Martin. I don't know what it is - could be his unique voice, could be his catchy songs that you can't quite dance to, could be the fact that he named his kids Apple and Moses - I just enjoy him.

Results! Hollie and Phillip are up now, and Hollie looks as though she already knows what's coming. Indeed, she is in the bottom 2 and Phillip is safe. At this point though, assuming you are in the bottom isn't the worst thing is the world. There are only 5 of you left, so almost half of you are in the bottom regardless.

When we come back from commercial, Carried Underwood performs "Blown Away," and she is just some kind of wonderful. There is a storm a brewin' behind Carrie, and when she descends a small staircase, the wind machine goes crazy and attacks the strategically placed slit in her dress. Great performance though. It almost made me want to find Twister on NetFlix. Almost. The judges give her a standing ovation (she is no longer a competitor, Steven and J.Lo - you can't take any credit for this).

Results! Skylar and Jessica are up now, and I'm honestly hoping Jessica does her Tina Turner walk over to the bottom 2 tonight. She may have technically better voice than Skylar, but Skylar is a performer and can be a bucket full of crazy at times, and i love her. Alas, I do not get my wish, and Jessica is safe.

When we come back from commercial J.Lo is in the audience chatting with Jimmy and can't decide if she wants to go back to her seat or introduce Coldplay's encore. She chooses to introduce Coldplay and they perform "Every Teardrop is a Waterfall." At the end of the song confetti douses the audience, which I imagine has to be a pain to clean up. Then I notice Skylar and Hollie are standing of to the side with Ryan as the confetti comes down, which is just mean - clearly one of them is not winning this thing.

Results! Hollie is a pro at this part of the show now, but Skylar looks terrified. Given how many times Hollie has been in the bottom, I assume she is leaving, though either of them going home just makes me sad. Skylar, however, is eliminated, and it's a damn shame. I think Hollie was prepared for her name to be read, and she takes the news harder than Skyler does. Skylar sings "Gunpowder and Lead" as the show closes, and I'm bummed - I really hope something happens for her because of this show. I would totally go see her live (just not on the Idol tour).

So, we are down to the final four with Joshua...and three other people who will most likely receive half the praise Joshua will next week. Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment