So there are many of you who loyally watch these shows and, like me, make continual comments to the television whether anyone else is in the room or not. Alternately, there are many of you who do not have the time to keep up with reality TV – there are too many shows, your tivos runneth over, you have kids and can’t remember what it’s like to watch anything beyond Dora the Explorer (you know who you are) – but you also want to be “in the know.” That’s fine. Let me help you understand.

Friday, November 30, 2012

The X Factor: We're Down to Six

Tonight’s The X Factor results show promises to be suspenseful, or maybe Mario is just talking about waiting to hear the fate of his contract renewal….either way. Once again two acts will be sent home, and now each judge faces the possibility of being eliminated completely from the competition as all four have two acts remaining. Here is how the contestants were ranked after America’s votes:

1.       Carly Rose Sonenclar (again!)
2.       Tate Stevens (again!)
3.       Emblem3
4.       Fifth Harmony
5.       CeCe Frey (wow!)

Coming in last with no opportunity to sing for her life, Paige Thomas is given an unceremonious goodbye, and I am bummed. I was rooting for her tonight based on the fact that Wednesday night's performance was hers and she held her ground against Demi. I also thought she had her strongest performance this week. Too bad, kid.

In the bottom two tonight, we have Vino “not a pop star” Alan and Diamond White. I did worry for these two in my post yesterday as well. Vino chooses “Trouble” as his save me song, which suits his voice for sure, but he’s been singing that song since the auditions. Not a smart choice for someone whose main criticism has been “we see the same thing from you every week.” Diamond takes on Beyonce’s “I Was Here,” and has a couple of pitch problems. Between the two of them though, I am hoping Diamond stays...which you never would have heard me say when the Top 13 debuted a few weeks ago.

Time for the judges to vote. Neither Britney nor LA will be voting to send their own contestants home, so it comes down to Simon and Demi. Both of them vote to send Vino home, and he is not happy. He tells us that “America didn’t get to hear what I had,” and he can thank his mentor for that…and join Arin Ray in the “I gotta be me” eliminated finalists club.

Next week the Top 6 take the stage again keeping hope alive for that $5 million prize. Simon and Brit Brit both have two acts remaining, while LA and Demi are both down to one. We’ll see if the tides turn next week. Til then!

No comments:

Post a Comment