So there are many of you who loyally watch these shows and, like me, make continual comments to the television whether anyone else is in the room or not. Alternately, there are many of you who do not have the time to keep up with reality TV – there are too many shows, your tivos runneth over, you have kids and can’t remember what it’s like to watch anything beyond Dora the Explorer (you know who you are) – but you also want to be “in the know.” That’s fine. Let me help you understand.

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Twelve Will Enter, Eight Will Survive

As we open the show Carson Daly explains the math for this evening: 12 contestants, 6 make it through on America’s votes, and 2 more will be wild cards (thought that’s not what they call it on The Voice). Before we do any of that though, The Gym Class Heroes perform. Carson is kind enough to tell us twice that Adam Levine recorded a song with them. I would have preferred hearing “Stereo Hearts” again over the current song being performed, but really, I’m just eager for the results.

And here we go! For Team Blake, Erin is through, Jermaine is through, and RaeLynn is through…..and she says some potty words in excitement, but not into a microphone, so NBC is okay there. This means that Jordis, Charlotte and Naia have to sing for their lives
Team Xtina is up next. Jesse is through, Lindsey is through, and Chris is through, leaving Sera, Ashley and Moses to perform to win Xtina’s save.

---------
Naia performs first, singing Beyonce’s “If I Were a Boy,” and it starts off too low, but she sounds great in the chorus. Blake says he wishes Naia would have chose something reggae to sing. What!?!?! After he told her NOT to give her Adele song from last night a reggae feel? Naia relays her song choice limitations for the “save round,” and I already feel that she is going home.

Charlotte sings “Iris,” by The Goo Goo Dolls. She’s angry. I’m not sure if she’s just trying to put feeling into the song or if she’s seething at the possibility of not continuing in the competition. I’m not loving it either way. There’s no commentary from Blake on this one though. What’s going on there?

Jordis starts “Wild Horses” far better than Charlotte and Naia began their songs. She’s got some emotional connection and tears here. Yup. Blake is going to pick her, and I feel awful for Naia.

-------------
Ashley performs “Paris (Ooh La La)” and comes out with a bang. She’s all about working the crowd and covering the stage. Ms. Play It Smart – remember the coaches think 17 year olds don’t know how to do this, so I hope her strategy pays off. Were you aware that Ashley is in high school?

Sera chooses Mariah’s “Vision of Love.” You know, Randy worked with Mariah . Oops! Sorry - wrong show. Sera is definitely not on par with Mariah, but she is holding her own with the song. No commentary from Xtina on either of these girls. So we reserved the “I wish you sang something else” comments strictly for Naia, huh?

Moses sings “Breakeven,” by The Script, and I agree with Adam’s comments from last night. I would much rather hear this guy sing than rap. He doesn’t have the strongest voice, and mayyyybe he says “what am I posed to do” instead of “what am I supposed to do” during the song, but I still prefer this performance over last night’s.

Xtina…chooses…Ashley. I’m good with this, though I really did like Sera. I would have traded her for Lindsey, but perhaps Lindsey will surprise me in the coming weeks.
-------------

Next week we see what Team Adam and Team Cee-Lo have in store. Until then!

2 comments:

  1. You forgot to tell us who Blake saved!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He chose Jordis. Perhaps I was not specific enough - my grief for Naia got in the way.

    ReplyDelete