So there are many of you who loyally watch these shows and, like me, make continual comments to the television whether anyone else is in the room or not. Alternately, there are many of you who do not have the time to keep up with reality TV – there are too many shows, your tivos runneth over, you have kids and can’t remember what it’s like to watch anything beyond Dora the Explorer (you know who you are) – but you also want to be “in the know.” That’s fine. Let me help you understand.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Voice: Team Adam and Team Cee-Lo Face Elimination

And we’re off, with the same math as last week, America has But first, Jessie J performs “Donimo” with team Xtina. Now I’ll be honest – I didn’t know who Jessie J was until Xenia sang the “Price Tag” song on last year’s show. Remember that? She pointed to the left and to the right when it was time for everybody to “look to the left,” and “everybody look to the right.” No? Well, maybe Xenia will have a career anyway.

Results! For Team Adam – Mathai, Tony and Pip are through, leaving Kim, Katrina and Karla sing for their lives. My vote already is to save Katrina. No singing necessary.

For Team Cee-Lo – Juliet, Jamar and James are through, leaving Tony, Cheesa and Erin to sing for their lives. Juliet is safe, so I have no preference here.

Kim Yarbrough sings J-Hud’s “Spotlight,” and I really wish she had picked something like this last night. She sounds so much better with this song and looks way more comfortable.

Karla Davis chooses “I Can’t Make You Love Me,” by Bonnie Raitt. She sings much better than last night as well (maybe she should have stuck to her country roots), but I would pick Kim over her if I had the choice.

Katrina Parker performs No Doubt’s “Don’t Speak,” and man…I really like her. Come on, Adam. Make me happy here. He does! He saves Katrina!

Tony Vincent goes all scary with what must be Marilyn Manson’s version of “Sweet Dreems.” Well…I’ve seen Annie Lennox make those faces too, so I could be wrong. Regardless, Tony could end up bringing the darkness to The Voice every week (it’s not pretty there), so I’m going to be nice to him in order to save my soul.

Cheesa sings “All By Myself,” and just like with Kim Yarbrough, this would have been a much better song for her last night. She may have clinched the save here - this is a really good performance.

Erin Martin chooses “Your Song,” by Elton John, and I’m reminded that I haven’t watched Moulin Rouge! in a long time. I would much rather watch that movie than listen to Erin sing this song again. I know she’s unique, but she’s trying way too hard to be different. Just my opinion.

And Cee-Lo chooses….Cheesa! I’m good with that. Next week the remaining contestants perform in the quarter finals. Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment